Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Going in the Same Direction on a Different Bus

Yes, I’m disappointed there won’t be a woman president in the White House in 2008, but I’ll get over it – because that is a dreamed deferred, not abandoned. I was on a bus that didn’t take me all the way to my destination. Now, I will spend no time sulking or wavering; I will get on a new bus going in the same direction and support Barrack Obama 100%, not choosing him as a consolation prize candidate but as someone I can truly feel passionate about and who I will be proud to call President. As a democrat, I feel extremely lucky this election cycle to have had so many outstanding democratic candidates from which to choose, but I’m happier now to have a united democratic party and one candidate to stand behind. This is the year, people. This is the year!

No comments: