Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Drink It Fast, Drink It Slow, Lick Your Lips, Touch the Toe"

You're all going to think I'm obsessed with feet after this post. First, there was the post about fish-aided pedicures. Then, there was the one about my own flat feet. And now, this.

If the thought of pickled pigs' feet makes you squeamish, this will destroy your appetite for days to come . . . Did you hear this two weeks ago on NPR? In Dawson City, in the Yukon territory of Canada, in a hotel bar in their downtown, they serve a drink called the Sourtoe Cocktail. The ingredients? Well, it used to be champagne, but now, apparently, it can be any alcohol so long as the main ingredient isn't missing - a dehydrated human toe. To become a member of the Sourtoe Cocktail Club, you needn't consume the toe, but it must touch your lips.

And to think I threw my entire drink down the drain the other day just because I saw a fly swimming in it . . .

No comments: