Monday, January 4, 2010

Meatless Monday: Peanut-Broccoli Stir-Fry

Sorry to have neglected my MM posting, but the holidays were a complete blur. We didn't even travel for the holiday this year, but it still seems like we were busy non-stop. I'm afraid to admit that there was plenty of meat-eating done over the course of those weeks (e.g., on Christmas Eve we had the traditional Italian-American "Feast of the Seven Fishes"), but we did have plenty of vegetarian dishes too. This next recipe is one of those dishes.

Peanut-Broccoli Stir-Fry
Recipe

We were out of brown rice, so we used quinoa, which was great because I prefer quinoa anyway. It was quick and easy to throw together and it was pretty tasty too. We made it just this past week after all the holiday mayhem had quieted down. It was nice to have a light, healthy dish after all the indulging that had been going on since Thanksgiving (see previous post).

Speaking of indulging . . . I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office the other day. Woo, what a bad idea! There was the evidence of my indulging and not exercising all year staring me back in the face. I won't share the number with you, but I will say this - it was SOBERING.

I knew my pants weren't fitting very well lately, but I had no idea how out of hand things had gotten. Let's just say I've officially stepped outside the "healthy" zone for my height. Not far outside, mind you, but still not cool. I was pretty bummed about finding this out, but the timing is actually good. I was poised to set my New Year's resolutions anyway, so I just added one more to the list. What that means is that I'll be being extra diligent about finding low-fat and low-calorie recipes to eat in 2010 - and I'll be sure to share the vegetarian ones with you!

Did you make any special vegetarian dishes for the holidays? Please share!

Other Meatless Monday posts

No comments: